THE WOODLANDS, TX – Be part of The Woodlands Township on Saturday, September 3, 2022, for our annual community-wide occasion to focus on litter alongside the pathways, waterways, and pure areas of The Woodlands.
Greenup: Fall Sweep is a superb occasion for people and households seeking to give again to the group in a giant means. Litter, regardless of the scale, isn’t solely unpleasant, but it surely additionally has critical environmental penalties that may simply be prevented. Due to this fact, we encourage residents to brush into motion and be part of us in our effort to assist maintain The Woodlands trying clear and inexperienced.
When: Saturday, September 3, 2022, All-day occasion
The place: Select any location round The Woodlands. View instructed areas – The Woodlands Group Litter Clear-Up Map.
Price: No registration is required. Luggage, gloves and trash grabbers can be found by appointment solely. Click on right here to request an appointment.
How Fall Sweep Works
- Collect your loved ones and prepared your gloves, luggage and out of doors gear for a day of group beautification.
- Select a location in the neighborhood in want of litter cleanup. Take a look at instructed websites beneath for concepts.
- Cleanup litter alongside pathways and within the tree traces. Report massive or hazardous gadgets to the Township by the 311 App or by calling 281-210-3800 throughout regular enterprise hours.
- Dispose of full luggage at residence or in a park trash can. Tie your trash luggage tightly to guard sanitation employees. Keep away from inflicting extra litter points by not overstuffing park trash cans.
- Share your success by posting a photograph on social media utilizing #Fallsweep #FallSweepWoodlands
- Put on protecting gear – Gloves, masks for when passing different individuals
- Be ready for the weather – Put on lengthy pants, closed-toe sneakers, hats, sunscreen, mosquito repellent, and a reusable water bottle are really useful.
- Sanitize when you’re finished – Instantly wash your arms with cleaning soap and water or hand sanitizer after gathering litter.
- Pay attention to wildlife – Keep away from all snakes and wildlife. Observe from a distance and irritate tall grass or bushes with a stick earlier than coming into to scare off wildlife.
- Know toxic crops and keep away from them – Poison ivy is frequent alongside pathways and inside tree traces. Touching leaves and roots could cause a painful rash. Bear in mind leaves of three, go away or not it’s!
For extra info, please go to www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/fallsweep.